The super stylish actress and a mother of two, who launched The Honest Company, a safe and non-toxic line of baby, bath & body care products, wrote this book to help people everywhere to adopt a safer, healthier, fun, stylish and balanced lifestyle that is also affordable, achievable and simple.
In this book, she covers various topics, from her tips on looking chic and reading beauty product labels to balancing multiple roles and avoiding toxic home products. It covers everything about living a healthier, non-toxic, eco-friendly and a balanced lifestyle but in a chic, simple, practical and affordable way that’s perfectly fit for the hectic lifestyle we lead today. She has everything covered from beauty, motherhood, fashion, family, kids and food to living space and career balance. Take a look at the pictures and videos to learn more about new book.
It’s about having a more balanced perspective about this lifestyle. It doesn’t have to be extreme. I’m not a vegan. I don’t wear hemp every day. You can make healthier choices that are realistic and inexpensive – Jessica Alba on Tory Burch Blog
- There is something in there for everybody. The book is very organized and the topics are grouped well so if you are not a mother or a parent and you are more interested in beauty or style then you can easily skip the parts that you cannot relate to. (see contents list in the above pic)
- It’s not about taking extreme steps or being perfect. Jessica calls it as “honest” and not “perfect” living. The goal is to stay on track most of the time and following a consistent pattern (more like 80 – 20 rule). If you focus more on perfection then there is a good chance you’ll give up and go down the lane of having negative emotions such as regret. It’s important not to be hard on yourself and try to do the best you can.
- It’s not just about focusing on the purity and the functional aspects but also on style, affordability, achievability, simplicity and chic factor.
- She shares a lot of DIY, family recipes and tips / strategies that are resourceful and affordable.
- There are lists everywhere in the book that serve as a quick reference guide or short dicitonary while you are out shopping and these are very easily accessible. For example, if you want to know which veggies fall under dirty dozens or the type of materials to avoid while buying furniture, you can go straight to the page to glance at the easily readable and color-coded list.
- There are also mentions and links to many informative websites for further reading.
Overall, this book is full of information for people who want to look good and live well in a balanced, practical and realistic way.
Here is a chance for one of my readers to win this interesting book by Jessica Alba. This is an international giveaway.