- T-shirt Old navy
- Fabric Markers by Marvy Uchida (Available @ Michaels, Joann Fabrics or Blick)
- Tracing sheet (optional))
- Fabric chalk
- Trace your favorite owl design on to the tracing paper.
- Draw a dotted outline of the owl design on the T-shirt then connect the dots.
- The lines don’t have to be too precise. Make the design a little edgy and long.
- Use no more than three colors for the design.
- Shade two places on the face with a touch of brighter color. For example: I used brighter colors on the nose and to shade the insides of the eyes.
- Leave a lot of open spaces and stay away from drawing too many lines. The half done look is perfect. Imperfections only make it cuter.
- It’s harder to sketch on fabric than you think. An embroidery hoop might help keep the fabric taut and prevent mess ups. Also, short strokes work better in my opinion.
I regret not using an embroidery hoop so I am going to try this project again. Do you like this project? What did you think of the Burberry show? What’s your favorite animal? Would you try to make your own Owl T-shirt? Would love to read your views and comments. 🙂
Heel in Mint